Innovation and Technology Transfer Cell, MCCIA
Supported by Rajiv Gandhi Science and Technology Commission, Govt of Maharashtra
- Technology Transfer
- I.P. Facilitation centre
The Hon. Prime Minister of India, recently launched the STARTUP initiative and the
mission to enhance the number of startups and Entrepreneurship. A major emphasis is
being placed on Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Startups. The entire initiative has a
definite orientation to Technology, Innovation and New Product Development.
Technology transfer is a process of transferring skills, knowledge, technologies, and
methods of manufacturing to ensure that the scientific and technological
developments are accessible to a wider range of users who can develop and exploit
the available technology into new products, processes, applications, materials or
services. There are number of well known institutions like the Institute of Chemical
Technology (ICT) earlier known as UDCT, Mumbai, National Chemical Laboratory
(NCL), Pune and such others. These institutes have not been utilized commercially to
the extent desired. Proactive efforts are needed in identifying suitable technologies,
packaging for delivery and identifying the end users such as MSMEs, potential start
ups, entrepreneurs who in turn will use this technology commercially for innovative
products and this will further foster Entrepreneurship.
With this objective in mind, and also to efficiently support the Hon. Prime Minister's
initiative, MCCIA is setting up the first of its kind Innovation and Technology
Transfer Cell in Pune supported by the Rajiv Gandhi Science & Technology
Commission to identify technology/processes that are ripe for commercial
exploitation and make it available to the end user. Along with this we are
establishing the Innovation promotion and IP facilitation cell also.
This cell will get engaged in the preparation and making available Detailed Project
Reports (DPR). This will also benefit MSMEs, Startups by undertaking projects to
generate additional revenue.
- Efficient transfer of Technology
- Encouraging and developing Entrepreneurship
- Encouraging R&D and Innovation
- Catalyzing Growth of SMEs through Technology Transfer
Activities of the Cell:
- Identification of technology developed by Government
- Assessment of technology viability, sustainability through expert
- Packaging the same for Commercial Utilization
- Identify entrepreneurs and end-users interested in taking up
projects on the basis of DPRs prepared by the Cell.
- Preparation of DPR & other documents
- Identification of financial institutions to support the project
- Compilation of information on various relevant schemes of the
Central and State Governments in various sectors.
- Establish linkage with research establishments involved in
research and development of technologies.
Projects under the Cell:
- Solar drying
- Vacuum packaging for Fish
- Emulsion Products
- Value added products
- Processing Technology for Turmeric, Onion, Garlic and Ginger
- Cold Storage Facility
- Custard Apple De-Seeder and Solar Cooker
- Hatchery Technology
- Just Sip
A Technical Committee comprising of Scientists, Technologists and Experts is
constituted to monitor the activities of the ITT Cell.
- Dr. Anil Kakodkar, Chairman, Rajiv Gandhi Science and Technology
- Mr. Pramod Chaudhari, President MCCIA, (co-chair), Executive Chairman,
Praj Industries Limited
- Mr. Satish Magar, Chairman & Managing Director, Magarpatta Township
Development& Construction. Co. Ltd.
- Mr. Prataprao Pawar, Chairman, Sakal Papers Ltd.
- Dr. D.K. Jain, Additional Chief Secretary (Agri & Marketing), Government of
- Mr. Arun Firodia, Chairman, Kinetic Engineering Ltd
- Mr. Mukesh Malhotra, Managing Director, Weikfield Products Corporation
- Mr. Pradeep Bhargava, Director, Persistent Systems
- Mr. Ajay Mehta, Managing Director, Deepak Nitrite Ltd.
- Mr. M.A. Tejani, Managing Director, Gits Food Products Pvt. Ltd.
- Dr. Arun Sapre (RGSTC), Member Secretary, Rajiv Gandhi Science and
Technology Commission, Govt. of Maharashtra
- Dr. Pramod Kale, Member ( RGSTC), Department of Electronic Science and
Integrated Circuit and Information Technology (ICIT)Pvt. Ltd. , University of
- Dr. Smita Lele , Registrar and Professor of Biochemical Engineering, Food
Engineering& Tech.Dept. Institute of Chemical Technology
- Dr. U.S. Saha, General Manager, NABARD
- Mr. Ravi Tyagi, General Manager, SIDBI
- Mr. Shekher Kulkarni, Manik Engineers
- Dr. Narayan Hegde , Convener â€“ Project Design Team, Trustee and
Principal Adviser, BAIF Development Research foundation
- Dr. Ram Takwale, Member, RGSTC
- Dr. V.V. Karnik, Sygnet Consultants
- Mr. Girish Sohani, President, BAIF
Convener: Mr. Prashant Girbane, Director General, MCCIA